Friday, August 8, 2008

The silence is deafening

The week went too quickly for us. We enjoyed the visits this week from Andi and Ashleigh and from Brenda's family. We talked and laughed and enjoyed each other's company. But all things eventually come to an end.
Andi was only here for a couple of hours last weekend. Her visit ended all too soon. She had to go home because Matthew, Luke, her animals were all at home alone.
Grandpa Wagner was here this morning to give the Bonnichsens a good send off as they head back to South Dakota. Through a veil of tears, we said our goodbyes to Brenda, Chloe and Aubrey. We waived as their well packed van turned the corner and out of sight.
I've been wearing a headset all week to shut out the sound of people coming and going. I discovered a new web site http://www.pandora.com/. It's an internet radio station where you can create your own collections of music you like. I've been listening to all of my favorite music: Country and Western, Broadway Musicals, Rock and Roll, and rock artists from the 60's and 70's. It helped me stay focused on my work. Today after everyone left, I removed the headset and turned the music off. It was so quiet that it is rather unsettling.
Brewster romped and played with the kids while they were here. This afternoon, he enjoyed a long quiet nap. We love our kids and really enjoy them when they visit.

9 comments:

Larry said...

At work I am not allowed to use streaming music. It is against the company policies. I have loaded a bunch of MP3 music I ripped from my CDs to listen to them at work. I need a new set of music, but I am not interested in buying a whole bunch more CDs so I can rip them.

Larry said...

I have wondered what it would be like to have kids come visit.

Kent said...

I like the music from the Church Web site. The CES selections are nice. I have downloaded them and enjoy them too.

Gloria said...

It is fun to have the kids visit, lately we had the fun of having our grandkids visit, however the parents haven't been able to come to visit for some time. Family visits are really special!

Unknown said...

I think it is great to have family visit. Keeping your children close is so special. I would love to see Brenda, Aubrey and Chloe. Also Andrea, Mathew, Luke and Ashliegh. All of you are precious to me. Grandma Gathaxjqxtb

Andrea said...

Dad, there's one person present that day that was not included in this picture! Forgetting to pull out the tripod is easy to do in hurried pictures of family!

It was good to see you guys! Love you!

Larry said...

How is your silence doing?

Kent said...

I've had enough silence. I prefer the noise.

Unknown said...

There is nothing that takes the place of family. I don't see enough of everyone, but the blog does help. I love all of you so much.