Sunday, June 8, 2008

Snakes on the Porch

This tale is thirdhand, so some of the finer details may be a bit distorted (like when you played telephone as a child).

Marcy has a dog that was bitten by a rattlesnake. They have killed 7 snakes, rattlesnakes, in the past short while. Marcy heard one of their dogs barking wildly on the porch. When she looked out there was a rattlesnake coiled on the porch.



Marcy retrieved her pistol (make and model unknown) and discharged that pesky critter.



She used birdshot. Her two children, Jason and Becky, also retrieved their air rifles and had to discharge rounds into the pesky animal.

4 comments:

Kent said...

The thought makes me shudder. I have a horrible horror of rattlesnakes.

When I was in the Army at Fort Carson, I went into the latrine to take a shower. Someone thought it would be a good prank to put a rattler in the shower. It startled me, but I saw a broom leaning on the radiator.

When I tried to pick up the snake with the broom, it struck at the heated broom handle.

I finally got the snake picked up and dropped it into a garbage can.

I have a healthy fear of snakes to this day.

Gloria said...

The count is going up. Sunday there was another one who 'bit the dust' on the road. This time it was with a car then shot with a 22 to make sure it was a 'gonner'. What a trial! I think Marcy is very brave, as her family.

Kent said...

Maybe Troy and Marcy need to hire a pig to clean things up. I understand that pigs can kill them and are not affected by their bite.

Larry said...

How is the snake problem now?