Sunday, June 1, 2008

poem

I wrote a poem, my one and only.

Two years ago for Christmas I decided to get a nice picture of the Savior for each of my children. While on my mission we taught a women from Ethopia, in her family they had a seperate praying room. Sometimes I think it is hard to focus my attention to who I'm praying to. . . so a friend of mine told me I should write a poem (she read my first book, Abish.) Any how it was to help my children with this focus thing. I told them to stare at their picture of Christ and then close their eyes.

As I stare in to his face,
I quickly imprint in my mind,
a warm embrace.
Gently, I close my eyes
his silouette not compromized.
I rely on this as I pray.
I share my thoughts and say,
"I want to follow and obey."
And as his face is still there,
I picture his eyes with tender care,
Then softly he speaks to me
Words of comfort
And encouragingly I feel his love.

5 comments:

Kent said...

I too sometimes have a hard time focusing. More than once, I have woken up with my head on the bed wondering why I could not finish a prayer.

I love the idea of focusing on an image before starting a prayer. I'll have to try it.

Unknown said...

I think that'the idea is great. I know there are times when I know that my prayers don't go above the ceiling. When I am close to the Lord My prayers bring tears and I love the closeness I feel to the Savior. One night I was feeling discouraged and down. In my prayers I ask the Lord why I wasn't feeling the peace that I usually feel. Immediately the song "Count Your Blessings", came into my mind and it was like the Lord was singing to me and I felt very uplifted. I love the Lord and Know he is my Saior.

Gloria said...

thanks for sharing

Larry said...

Very, very, very nice.

Larry said...

Write another poem.