Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camp out

A week ago I went with Don, Gloria, Jason and Becky, camping. We went to a place near Hatch. A river ran by our camp. I hadn't camped for many years. I really enjoyed the experience. Don and Gloria have good camp equipment. They have an eight man tent with good cots and sleeping bags. It was fun to be there with Jason and Becky.
Becky entertained a herd of young cows. They were interested in her and followed her to camp. She and Jason fed the chipmunks and a baby bird that just fell out of the nest was hopping on the ground. Becky was thrilled about it and followed it. It was nearly dark and we had to go back to camp, but the next morning, the bird was gone.
Jason went fishing with Don. Each of them caught 2 fish. They really tasted good. That was enjoyable.

8 comments:

Kent said...

Some of my best memories of us as a family were made when we were camping.

I especially enjoyed picking betties and pepermint.

Donnie and Gloria have taught me a lot about camping and having fun. As I age, though, I think of camping as a cheap motel with a double bed and an outdated bathroom.

Larry said...

I have to admit that I have enjoyed time with family and others while camping or being outdoors, but I really do not care that much for camping or getting heat rash or a sunburn.

Gloria said...

So Kent is that where you found your 'bettie'? Ha ha... I also enjoyed going berry hunting on Labor Day weekend finding raspberries and going back to Manassa for Grandma's cream puffs with raspberries!

Kent said...

That was a freudian slip. I did pick my Betty, but it was at a family history center. That's another story. Check the archive.

I also enjoyed picking berries and peppermint.

Larry said...

What kind of fish did you catch?

Gloria said...

they were brookies and rainbow trout. Tasty too!

Larry said...

I have not eaten any freshwater fish for a long time. (Texas water is not fresh)

Kent said...

Is Texas water salty, or is it just stagnant?