Monday, July 21, 2008

Good ol' Grandpa

I just wanted to tell those who are posting pictures of Grandpa, "Thank you." I miss seeing his face. It is wonderful to stare at those pictures and remember him. I have posted a few comments on Larry's santa and Kent's most recent one about my memories about Grandpa. One special experience I had when I was on my mission was: I had met a lady who had talked about how she talked to her Grandpa beyond the veil, he had visited her a few times. This sparked a desire to see Grandpa, so one day in one of my prayers for the night I asked Heavenly Father to tell Grandpa Vance that I was thinking of him. I did it one or two more times, then I had a dream. I saw Grandpa, it had been sooo long! He didn't talk to me but I felt his love. It was a special experience. I just want all of you to know I sure loved Grandpa, I wish my children could have gotten to know him, they would have loved his jokes. I still tell my children when they tell me they are thirsty out where there is no drink in sight, "I'll spit in your mouth for you." So continued to post pictures and tell me about my wonderful Grandpa.!

3 comments:

Kent said...

Each of us saw Grandpa differently. There was a time in my life that we didn't get along very well.

Your perspective helps me to love and appreciate him more.

I would give nearly anything to set and chatter with him. I miss him terribly.

Gloria said...

thanks Nett, for sharing the experience and feelings of love for your grandpa. I know he thought you were pretty special, as all of his grandchildren. He did like to rub your back for the longest time!

Larry said...

Maybe I will post about good ol' CCG&O and GrandPa.