Monday, March 30, 2009

turkey!

Anyone for an over cooked Thanksgiving Turkey! It is more like 'turkey jerky'! I remember one November Day before Thanksgiving I was cooking the turkey. Kent and his family were spending the night at our house. My oven was doing funny things...not cooking right. I tried something new and decided to cook my turkey at a low temperature in a brown paper bag. I told Phyllis to check the oven if she happen to get up in the middle of the night. Well she did and the meat was done so she turned off the oven. I got up the wee hours and noticed the oven was off so I turned it back on! Needless to say a few hours later when I checked the turkey it was pretty brown and pretty done!!! It was rather funny when we discussed the going ons, HOWEVER... the turkey got ate and was delicious.

1 comment:

Kent said...

The turkey tasted good, but it gave me some pretty smelly gas! I guess that's part of being a Vance.