Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bonnie Lynn

Aunt Bonnie Lynn. Dad's sister, daughter to Gatha Bingham-Vance-Wilson and Arlo Vance, the coolest grandfather to squeal and squeek at me. All giving of fine memories.

Grandpa played Santa at the church in Manassa one year and I was determinted that everyone know "MY GRANDPA IS SANTA!" He had a green plastic chair. Back to Bonnie Lynn!

I remember a time riding in one of Aunt Bonnie's cars with the sunroof open, laying down on the seat looking up through the opening in the car. Watching the trees go by and the blue sky with the bright white clouds passing as if they themselves were stationary!

Another time in the Valley sleeping in the silver bullet camper and her getting ready for bed with her hair pulled up. I always thought she had the most beautiful red hair! She wore her red hair better than any other red haired female I knew! I always thought she was the coolest!

I felt a little jealous when my oulder cousins were allowed to wear Bonnie's old shoes with heels! I wanted a pair so bad, but I was always too young. When I was finally old enough, I way surpassed ever being able to fit into one of Bonnie's cool hand-me-downs!

When I moved in with Dad and Betty in Longmont in the early 1990's, she made me feel warm and welcome with the care package that she sent! I always felt special around Aunt Bonnie! She has always been filled with a warmth that radiates off of her!

4 comments:

Kent said...

I have always loved the red in Bonnie's hair. I loved to watch her add curlers, eyebrows, hair pieces and war paint. She looked so different when she woke up in the morning.

There's no doubt. She's my favorite sister!!

Andrea said...

There's no doubt she is your only sister! I have pictures... in my head. Do you have solo pics of her? I thought you had one with her holding one of her little ones? It's so cool to be able to see those!

Andrea said...

Thanks for SHARING THE PICS OF AUNT BONNIE!!!!!

Andrea

Larry said...

You are welcome. Let's see what Bonnie thinks about it.