Saturday, March 1, 2008

Is this the way it was?



Here is a picture of the snow taken Feb, 2008 of the turn off to the cabin. Do you see many fence posts? (wow, what a short fence! ha) this reminds me of Kent talking about walking out with waist deep snow. It is sure good to see the moisture in the mountains this year. Here is a picture also of the Conejos River where the highway starts up the pass, by ElkCreek Campground. A favorite fishing place! Some favorite places for our family bringing memories. I am glad to see the snow and it is good to see, I'm also glad I am warm and dry at home! Is that showing my age? of course.... NOT!!!!

4 comments:

Larry said...

It looks like the melt has already started. The cover on the river is less than it has been for a while. I watch the Conejos Webcam at http://www.gartholson.net/horca/conejoswebcam.php

Kent said...

Yep, that's pretty much like it was. That was the longest walk of my life, and after we got to the car, we had to dig it out from where the snow plow had covered it.

Unknown said...

The pictures are beautiful. Gloria it was good of you to take pictures of the present conditions. I think the snow is beautiful but I don't think I would like to shovel it now. I went to Elva's cabin on Friday and there was enough snow to shovel. That's for younger people than me. Welcome home. I miss you when you are gone. Mom

Larry said...

The melt has now definitely started. The ice is off the river and the banks are starting to show the earth below the snow.