Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cold Pillow

I was probably 6 or 7 years old and we went to Uncle Don's house in Alamosa, Colorado.

As I recall, us girls were playing and getting ready for bed at the same time. I believe I told the girls that I forgot my cold pillow and that I knew I was going to have a hard time getting to sleep. I also believe that Danette knew I needed a cold pillow! Danette and Marcy were trying evertyhing in their power to make me cofortable, so one of them put a cotton pillow in the ice-box to make it cold, not realizing that all I needed was a feather pillow and I would have been happy.
yep
Aunt Gloria discovered the stash and asked why there would be a pillow in the freezer and asked that we come to retrieve the pillow to put it in its place.

I love how my cousins always looked out for us! They always made me comfortable and want to come back to play again! :-D

7 comments:

Kent said...

Your "cold pillow" was mine before it was yours. There was hardly any stuffing left in it. It was nearly flat.

Andrea said...

well, I have a few more cold pillows now! :D

Gloria said...

I hope you can bring your cold pillows to Utah in June! This is a cute memory!

Danette said...

I remember that too. We did try to help. Do any of your children call them cold pillows?

Larry said...

I like having my feather pillow. It is probably due for a good, deep cleaning.

Unknown said...

Maybe that cold pillow is one of the pillows that Grandma Vance, (your dad's mom), gave us for our wedding. If so it it one that Kent took when he left home.

Larry said...

I like my feather pillow.