Friday, May 30, 2008

Who Loved Her Best

I love you mother, said little Nell
I love you more than tongues can tell.
Then teased and pouted for half the day
Till her mother rejoiced when she went out to play.

I love you mother, said little John
Forgetting his work, his cap went on.
Then he was off to the garden swing
Leaving his mother the wood to bring

I love you mother, said little Ann
Today I'll help you all I can
Then stepping softly she took the broom
Swept the floor and tidied the room.

I love you mother, again they said
Three little children all going to bed.
Now which one do you suppose
Really loved Mother the most?

Joy Allison

2 comments:

Kent said...

I remember Mom reading this poem to us as a motivation to be better helpers about the house.

Larry said...

I have heard the poem before, but not from mom. I had a book, Especially for Mormons, that had this poem. It was a gift from mom. She probably thought that I needed more than just the one poem.