Thursday, January 17, 2008

Act your age.

Act your age!

And just what do I mean by that?

When I step in front of the mirror I do not see the same person that appears in my photographs.

A few years ago I was participating in a daily exercise program and made an effort to keep in better physical condition than I am now. I contracted something that caused congestion that lasted for more than a couple weeks. I quit exercising in order to try and get my health back. It seemed to work, but I also dropped the habit of exercising daily and the fat started adding on.

A group of people at work arranged to have a volleyball net set up and started a game. In an effort to get out and do something physical I conceeded that I would participate. If the ball comes near then you call out so as to not conflict with another in hitting the ball. I called out for a ball that was over my head. I jumped and could not reach the ball. I am not sure if my feet actually left the ground. It was so demoralizing. I arrived at old in that moment.

How do I change the mental image back to where I am again youthful?


3 comments:

Kent said...

Larry, I know just what you are talking about!! I am just picking up an exercise program again in an attempt to get my weight and blood pressure down, and so that I can look down and see my toes again. I am starting with walking exercises three times a week.

Misery loves company so I have talked Betty into keeping me company as I exersizing. She has always been better at it than I am.

Gloria said...

Don sent a message I tried deleting it so he could sign up on his own acct. so if you see Reddog you will know who it is.
OK!

Larry said...

I have been waiting for his comment. Where is it?