Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We are being downsized!!

In my industry, being downsized us usually a bad thing. It means that jobs are going away or that an unwelcome move is about to take place.

On the first of February, Betty and I will have a new address. We found a nice little two bedroom home not too far from where we live now. We are cleaning out closets and drawers frantically trying to determine where we can pitch or sell belongings so that we will fit in our new environment.

We have really enjoyed living in our current home and we have enjoyed the beautiful view. We decided though, that a smaller house and smaller bills would meet our needs better. We'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, I didn't grab the Mian Calendar before I left, so PLEASE PELASE PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THAT!!!! I REALLY DO WANT IT!

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP!

Larry said...

Not too long ago I told Jeanette to lighten up because we may be leaving. We are still here in Waco, but there are days when I come home from work wondering what the future holds.

I hope you like your new residence.

Do you still have your property in Longmont?

Is retirement looking feasible?

Kent said...

We really liked the new home when we walked through it. It will be interesting to see how well we like it when all of our belongings are crammed into it.

We still own our home in Longmont, and plan to retire there. It's been hard to be so far away from everyone.

I am hoping to retire in the next couple of years. That depends on my health and the health of our bank account at the time.

Gloria said...

Downsizing is a trick sometimes, but it surprises you what you can do without and still be comfortable and go on with life! Say how did the hand surgery go? I forgot to ask...

Kent said...

The hand surgery went well. They removed a section about an inch long and in an elliptical shape. I'll be going back in another week to have the stiches out.

Cancer was a scare, but they are 98%sure that there was no malignancy. They'll let us know when the biopsy comes back, but I'm sure it's OK.

Larry said...

Have you heard results of the biopsy?