Friday, January 25, 2008

In the beginning ...


Mom posted this as a comment, I thought it would have more visibility as a post;




"In 1946, Arlo and I had been married for 4 months, Dad died and Doris Faye came to live with us. In January 1947 Donnie was born. We lived in Ed Guymon's two room house. It was a very cold night. We had the Model A car and we drained the water out of it every night so it wouldn't freeze. It was the middle of the night. Arlo had a hard time pouring water into the radiator because he was so excited. We did get to the Alamosa hospital,where Donnie was born. Arlo was so thrilled with his red headed boy. "


Kent

8 comments:

Kent said...

No wonder I am so confused about my relationship with Doris Faye! She seems more like a sister to me than like my aunt. There's a good reason for that isn't there?

Gloria said...

We saw Grandma Gatha last night and she told me about the story. It is interesting.

Red said...

does anyone remember this little car

Kent said...

I remember it very vaguely. I am beginning to get old timer's disease. I can remember things from my childhood better than I can remember what I am doing at the moment.

Unknown said...

I don't know where that little car came from. It was fun for all of you when you were little. I have loved the pictures that were taken of you kids in it.

Larry said...

What happened to the car?

Unknown said...

Who knows what happened to the car or anything that we had back then. Time seems to be a destroyer of things. Mom

Larry said...

It would be fun to have a little car like that for the grandkids.