Friday, January 11, 2008

Here's Larry

When I left my mssion I was required to put together some goals for my life. I have accomplished some of the goals, but some of them I have not yet finished. The goals I have not finished do not have end dates because they are recurring. One of those goals is to communicate with my family one time in each month. For several years I was fairly good at doing just that. The past few years I have not been compliant with that particular goal.

It feels good to have a little more contact with my family. I love my family.

Jeanette and I (amd Eric and Debra) are far from all of you. We live in Hewitt Texas. I work at L-3 Commications Integrated Systems as a structural engineer. The past year has been tough for me at work. We are busy here with our activities from day to day.

Jeanette is teaching seminary, early morning seminary. We get up at 4:45 to start the day. We get back home before 5 PM and have supper.

I am now the 11 year-old scout leader. Camping is not as much fun now that I am over 50.

Eric is almost ready to be awarded his Eagle Scout rank. We are proud of him and the effort he has expended in his Eagle Scout Project. He collected more than 2500 books for Kids and Company. They sponsor after school learning sessions.

Debra is a Senior this year. She is planning on earning her Young Women in Excellence Award. We are proud of Debra and the positive influence she has.

6 comments:

Kent said...

It is so good hear from you and to know what is going on with you again.

It is my goal too, Larry, to be better at communicating with the family. This is a fun way to do it.

Eric, what is that you have on your chin? I bet there's a story behind that!!

Gloria said...

Stay positive, Debra! and Eric stay away from those 'doors'! It will be fun to keep in touch. I know I have not been the best lately!

Red said...

eric was he very big uncle don

Red said...

debra you have grown a lot

Unknown said...

Debra and Eric, You have grown so much. I don't get to see you often enough. I love hearing from you
Grandma Gatha

Larry said...

We will see you in June.