Friday, February 15, 2008

January Musings -- by Larry

It has been a while since I have written a regular family letter. I don't know that I can explain why I have not taken the initiative to write, but it seems to get harder and harder to write.

Jeanette has been teaching seminary for the past 2-1/2 years. I amaze at the effort she puts into preparing and thinking about seminary. We get up at 4:45 in the morning to make sure that Debra and Jeanette get to seminary in time to make sure things are prepared. They go hop in Grey and head to the church at about 5:30.

While Jeanette and Debra are gone to seminary I am riding my stationary bike and listening to the History Channel. After working up a sweat I go get some breakfast and then go to the shower. Now it is my turn to get ready to go to work. Around 6:00 I head out the door and say goodbye to Eric, who is mostly lethargic lying on the couch.

I, owe; I owe; so off to work I go. I work all day and return home to play.

Eric and Debra are both doing well in school. Debra is involved in Choir. Eric also sings in choir. Eric likes soccer and played in a team last year, he participates in school soccer too. Debra has some fine art that she has produced in the recent past. Both of them are examples to all of us.

17 comments:

Gloria said...

Thanks Larry. I admire Jeanette for the effort at getting up so early! Hats off to you! I hear Anita is going to visit with Grandma Gatha. So you also give your car a 'name'. keep up the early work!

Unknown said...

I have missed your letters. It is good to know what is happening in our family. Thanks for the information. I enjoyed talking to you today. You and Kent have done a good job with the blog. Mom

Kent said...

I have been terrible at writing letters over the years. I love writing in the blogs. It's so fun to see the pictures and we are getting to know what is going on in your lives.

Every time you make an entry on the blog, I think of a hundred things that I would like to add.

I love the comments that are left on the entries, even the one liners.

The only thing that would make it better would be if everyone in the family participated. Meanwhile, I am going to be happy with what I can get.

Larry said...

You are only happy if you think you are!

Larry said...

A hungry cook is an idiot.

Larry said...

Que pasa calabasa?

Larry said...

Nada, nada, limonada.

Red said...

it is really good to hear some hummor. the way life goes it is good to have cheer. did you know that whene the lord created the world he made it 855 WATR THERFORE YOU AUGHT TO SPEND 855 of your time fishing. the neighbor and i are gooing ice fishing tommorow because i have the day off

Red said...

the 855 should have been 85%

Kent said...

Yo no nado nada porque no traje traje.

Larry said...

Nadie nada nada si no trae traje. Per si vas conmigo a comer un picnic, se acuerda que como como como es como como.

Gloria said...

translation please! or is it on a need to know basis! ha ha

Larry said...

Nobody swims anything if you don't bring a suit.


typo (per=pero)
But if you go with me to eat a picnic, remember that I eat as I eat is how I eat.

Kent said...

How do you say "pasta" in English?

Red said...

pasta in english. hows that? atras de un palo comi miel y erba seca.quantas estrellas Yi in los cielos? cinquentos verdad. no. sin quenta.

Unknown said...

It is sooo fun to hear all of the info in the blog. I have not yet learned how to use my computer well so that is on my to do list. I love you guys and have enjoyed all of the entries. Thanks. Your favorite sister. Bonnie Lynn

Larry said...

We are anxiously waiting for Eric to finish a couple merit badges so he can have a board for review for Eagle Scout rank. Eric will be our 4th Eagle Scout.