Sunday, February 10, 2008

Like Father, like son





Here is Cory's toy he got this last fall, 2007. I remember when Cory was little, just old enough to talk he would call his father's motorcycle the 'hudden-hudden'! How they both loved to ride those motorcycles! Then I remember the time that Cory had an accident dislocating his hip on the way to Farmington on his week-old red 'crotch-rocket'. I am very thankful we still have a Cory with us today. He is a special son. ... and has a special family.

9 comments:

Larry said...

I asked Jeanette a while back if I should get a motorcycle. She was agreeable. I just can't bring myself to do it because I know that I would be putting myself at risk. It is best for me to just avoid the temptation.

Why a thumper?

Gloria said...

I remember when a certain big brother was showing his youngest brother how to jump a bail of hay on a certain green motorcycle in Colorado... do you remember trying that trick, Larry?

Larry said...

No.

You know that they say the second thing to go is the memory.

Red said...

that is the time i broke my coller bone. what a trick ha

Kent said...

Wasn't it both collar bones?

Red said...

one playing football and one playing evil kared

Larry said...

I did ride a motorcycle for a while. I had the motorcycle that dad got from Uncle Earl. It was a Honda 160 that had reduced gears and straight pipes. One day I was riding out around the M and ran into a bee. The bee wedged by the side of my eye. I was able to stop without crashing. I pulled the bee out of my eye socket and it flew away. My eye was bloodshot and sore. How did I survive?

Kent said...

Did it sting your eye?

Larry said...

No, it did not administer a sting. It was too busy with its head stuck in my eye socket. we were both glad when we parted ways.